Tuesday, February 3, 2009

All I know is...

All I know is...that I really don’t know much.

I used to think everyone liked me...that I was a very likeable person. Then I got married and discovered how unlikeable I can be.

I used to think I could make anyone “see the light.” Then I turned fifty and discovered that I’m the one who needs enlightenment.

I used to think I was pretty wise. People often appeared to value my opinion. Then a young mother died and left her husband to raise two little boys alone. I had no words.

I used to think I had all the answers. I have learned I have none.

All I know is...that I really don’t know much.

Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. (I Corinthians 3:18-19, The Holy Bible-New King James Version)

Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. (Proverbs 1:7; The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment