Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Look Up!

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

Trust in him at all times, oh people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

...though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them. Psalm 62:10b

Psalm 62...there’s an awful lot packed into that little chapter that I needed this morning. I’ve been feeling really restless. (My soul finds rest in God alone.)

I’ve been feeling shaken up...like my foundations have been pulled out from under me. (He alone is my rock and my salvation...I will never be shaken.)

I’ve been feeling like crying. (Pour out your hearts to him...)

I’ve been feeling nervous about our economy, and my own economic stability. (...though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.)

Obviously, I’ve leveled my eyes on the wrong things. A horizontal gaze at the people and things around me often makes me feel restless, shaken up, nervous, and tearful. Thank you, Lord, for reminding me to look UP.

Then I will ever sing praise to your name, and fulfill my vows day after day. Psalm 61:8

No comments:

Post a Comment